Wisch castle at Terborg, Gelderland
During World War Two, the German general Von Runstedt used the castle as his head quarters for a period of time.
Two bombings by the Allied forces caused great damage in 1944. After the war, the Vegelin van Claerbergen
family started the restoration. In 1957 a solution was found for the repairs of the main building with the round tower. It was transferred into an indefinite lease with 'Castels of Gelderland'. The rest of the complex and the surrounding land remained in the Vegelin family
Click here for a photo from 1945.